I'm a freelance web developer originally from Saskatchewan, Canada but now am living in
Ottawa France back in Saskatchewan!
As my giant heading above states, I do a lot of dabbling. I would say that 80% of my dabbling time is jQuery related and the other 20% is related to thinking about jQuery. If you didn't already notice, I am truly passionate about the jQuery framework.
In September 2008, I released a little app called TaxiMe. The app was very well received and was even featured in the Ottawa Metro. The site can calculate fares in many North American cities and retains a steady amount of traffic as it continues to grow.
Time to put on my professional hat - if you're looking to hire me, here is what I specialize in:
I can take your beautiful Photoshop design, do some slicing and deicing and transform it into rich, pure, standards compliant HTML and CSS markup.
If your site goes beyond static HTML and requires some fancy effects, drag and drop interfaces or more complicated functionality, I can help do whatever it takes to make sure the user experience is a top priority.
I can provide you with any back-end programming that you might need, whether it be a simple addition to your existing website or a large-scale web application. For rolling out larger web applications, my framework of choice is CakePHP.
WordPress Integration and Plugin Development
I believe every one should be in control of their content, and what a better way of achieving this than through WordPress. I can help you turn your statically driven HTML site into a dynamic playground for you to edit and modify at your own will. If you require functionality that goes beyond a basic WordPress integration, I can develop and customize any plugins that you might need to operate your site.